We're Hiring - Digital Marketing Manager
Posted 5 Apr 2017 | By Brian Healy
We're looking for a talented and ambitious marketing manager to deliver Tincan's marketing strategy
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing and digital marketing manager to head up our growing marketing efforts and to help develop a world class team over the coming months and years.
We are seeking a team member who is highly motivated, driven by results and who takes pleasure in learning. You will be responsible for delivering client services, in-house marketing activity and supporting business development and lead generation. You'll be running client campaigns, consult on all things digital marketing and social media, oversee content for our website, blog to drive traffic, design and manage social media campaigns, submit our amazing work to as many awards as possible (and helping us to win!) and assist with proposals and presentations in winning new business.
The successful candidate has an exciting opportunity - to help define company policy as well as help build out marketing services and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be looking to further their career in this industry at a more senior level, with greater responsibility and opportunity. You'll be working really closely with our Managing Director to develop our overall marketing and content strategy, as well as our amazing development team to create successful, results led solutions.
At Tincan, we work primarily with arts cultural, heritage and not-for-profit organisations - in short we love working with people trying to make a positive difference. Knowledge and experience of these sectors would be a distinct advantage.
We'd love to hear from you if ...
You'll need to have really strong copywriting skills and a proven track record of creating effective content. We'd also ideally like you to:
- Have a genuine interest in all things digital and tech
- Have experience in social research and audience analysis
- Understand how to engage with audiences through social media
- Have an interest in UX driven design and development
- Be familiar with a range of marketing tools (e.g. from Google Analytics to Google Tag Manager, Search Console to Ad Words, MailChimp to Twitter)
- Be super-organised and into the detail (if you hate typos and love ticking items off a to-list then we want to hear from you!)
- Be on the front-foot with networking opportunities - you'll be up for attending sector relevant conferences, seminars and meetups
When you get the job ...
- A competitive salary £30-35k (depending upon skills and experience)
- 20 days annual leave (plus the 8 statutory days) and necessary kit (laptop, mobile etc)
- Opportunities for career development - we'll tailor a personal development plan for you and support your growth & learning
- Flexibility - we're primarily based in Peckham, south London (and we have a preference for candidates in London/ South East England region) but we're open to a degree of remote working
- Flexibility - we're also open to someone looking for a part-time opportunity (with a minimum of 3 days p/w)
We're an ethical, passionate and driven company specialising in the arts cultural, heritage and not-for-profit sectors, so you'll be working with great clients and good causes. You'll be part of a great team working alongside developers, designers, project managers.
- Delivering client services - from project specific consultation to ongoing digital marketing campaigns
- Lead on Tincan marketing efforts, helping to produce engaging content
- Online digital promotion of Tincan activities
- Compile, contribute to and critique Tincan marketing strategy
- Writing marketing and promotional briefs
- Giving presentations and providing client side training where relevant
- Monitoring and reporting on a campaign's progress
- Understand and participate in our sectors, representing Tincan
- Spot trends and opportunities and relay these back to relevant members of the team to make things happen and help Tincan stay ahead of the game
- Contribute to presentations, pitches and winning new work
Skills & Experience
As a skilled marketing practitioner you will be able to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of the principles of B2B and B2C marketing
- Solid understanding of digital processes (websites, CMS’, campaigns, testing, analytics and ideally goal setting and advanced reporting)
- Confident and creative copywriting with the ability to support less confident writers in developing their ideas for blog posts, case studies, tweets and other content
- Experience in developing and running AdWords campaigns - knowledge of the Ad Grant scheme would be beneficial
- Confident in using Google Analytics and other data to analyse customer behaviour
- Be familiar with Google Tag Manager and Webmaster Tools/Search Console
- Solid understanding of SEO and content planning to support/ maximise SEO opportunities
- Planning and resource client and internal project plans
- Ability to manage a range of resources (from clients and colleagues to freelancers and suppliers) to ensure that project KPIs are consistently met, and exceeded wherever possible
- Commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Self-confidence to sell ideas
- Spot opportunities to develop client projects, campaigns and to generally support and grow their brands digitally
- The ability to work to deadlines and cope with the consequent pressure
- Creative ability: ability to compile, contribute to and critique Tincan's marketing strategy and materials
- Confident networker - keen to attend events, keep up with the latest news and be our eyes and ears on the ground
How to apply:
Please apply via our LinkedIn job advert: https://goo.gl/ZYnxDr