We've got years of knowledge and bags of ideas, and as with every web project there's always so much to talk about - from techie stuff like databases, content management systems and information management, to the fun things like design, user experience and internet marketing too.
To kick anything as exciting and dynamic off as all that, has to be worth a chat over something warm and welcoming ... first though (while we put the kettle on) a bit about how we work.
How we work
If you are looking for somebody to build your website for you then you are looking in the wrong place. It may be a more demanding road to travel but at Tincan we believe in crafting websites is a collaborative process - so we build them together with our clients. You know your business objectives, understand your audiences, and you need to live with your new website for years to come. It is therefore vital that you contribute to the development of your site and have a real sense of ownership over the final product.
So, if you choose to work with Tincan expect to roll up your sleeves and get involved. You will be contributing to the design process, producing wireframes with our team, helping to create and test information architectures and (with solid guidance) lead on producing content that works.
Return on investment
Your website is a critical business investment ... so it must perform well and deliver a meaningful return on investment.
In today's economic climate and complex economy, any website has to serve a purpose. Whether you're a venue, cultural organisation, charity or private company it's not enough to show a simple 'online presence'. As part of your overall business strategy your website needs clear, tangible goals.
So what are the goals for your website?
Maybe you need to increase online ticket sales or boost donation levels, support your existing membership with new opportunities and online features or boost subscription rates for new members, extend reach to new audiences or engage your existing audiences better, increase conversion rates of specific KPIs or improve internal efficiencies so you can spend more of your valuable time on your core activities (as opposed to having to remember how to make some text bold)? Realistically, you're likely to have several goals.
Well, whatever the goal and whatever the vision, we can help - we have over 10 years of relevant experience with willing minds and hearty banter to keep us moving along.
When we meet, we'll put your online presence under the microscope. We'll explore the role and performance of your website, and brainstorm every which way of making it work harder and better for you.
Then we'll pitch in, with as much (or as little) help as you need.
That could mean:
- Review, gain insight and recommend
- We work to get as much insight as possible, helping to define a clear role for the site
- We review your business goals and objectives
- Research your target audience (and competitors if relevant)
- Produce user personas to help ensure that different audience types would work with the site successfully
- Analyse your brand specifically in relation to the online environment
- Evaluate the project specification and schedule and ensure
We help you
- define your site architecture, content hierarchy and content strategy (via Sitemaps and Wireframes)
- create the visual design for the new website (OR work with your existing design agency to produce a beautiful, successful design)
- produce prototyped designs where wireframes and the visual layer merge into an approved design.
- Implementing the design through to the build stage
- We configure the relevant features with the right CMS to match the agreed functionality of the new site
- Integrate and customise - whether sharing data from your ticketing system, GoogleMaps, social network of choice (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, AudioBoo), commenting platforms (such as Disqus) or ECMs we know how to make the evil inside work work for you
- Produce a frameworked site ready for population
- Guide you in collating content and populating the new site
- We produce, agree and manage an effective Project Plan
- Schedule and manage all relevant Project Milestones
- Provide relevant Training
- Conduct pre-launch testing and flightcheck
- Launch the new site
- Carry out a post-launch Review
- Measure success from project feedback internally and externally
Now, how about that chat?
Drop us a line ( ) or let's meet up for tea and cake. We'll bring along some hi-tech equipment (pens, pencils, pieces of paper, post-its and highlighters) and you'll bring all the essential organisational knowledge.